Why you should add more protein to your meals?
- Protein is needed to gain a toned body.
- It helps you feel more satisfied for longer so you have less food cravings.
- Plus, it takes your body greater energy to digest this. So it’s a great way to cut 100s of calories from your diet.
As per the available research, you must eat 1 gm-1.5 gm of your body weight.
Not all sources of protein are created equal. Experiment with the following ideas and find the sweet spot for you. And buy local this way you will be avoiding the added chemicals.
Dairy protein — especially important for North Indians (or having North Indian lineage)
FACT: Almost 30% of north Indians are lactose intolerant (have difficulty digesting milk) whereas 70% of South Indians are lactose intolerant. So if you’re someone who can’t digest milk, then skip this section.
Seeds – great ideas for snacking. Roast them, sprout them, or sprinkle them on your food.
Plant-based protein — important for almost all of us 🙂
Seafood — a great source of protein and good fat (omega-3)
- Rawas (Indian Salmon)
- Katla (Indian Carp or Bengal Carp)
- Rohu (Roho or Carpo)
- Bangda (Indian Mackerel)
- Rani (Pink perch)
- Surmai (King Fish)
- Paplet (Pomfret)
- Pedvey (Indian Oil Sardines)
- Grilled Shrimp
- Fish Salad
- Broiled Scallops
- Grilled seafood (any type)
- Jhinga (Prawns and Shrimps)
Animal protein — an important and easily available source
- Egg Whites
- Scrambled egg whites
- Egg-white protein
- Grilled Chicken
- Chicken Breast
- Egg White Omelet
- Citrus Grilled Chicken
- Grilled pork
- Chicken Soup
- Baked Chicken
- Teriyaki Salmon
- Grilled Shrimp
- Grilled Oregano Chicken